Music Box Waltz Music Box Waltz

I'm jealous of you now D:<

So here I was on newgrounds, trying to look for some inspiration because I'm trying to write a waltz, and I don't really know how to write one and BAM I come across this little gem. A really nice tune, great work!

Rampant responds:

This is a bad example if you're looking to write a waltz since I used every possible cliche I could think of! Alternatively, if you're looking to write that sort of a typical waltz (with the oom-pa-pa bass, et cetera), then I hope this inspires you to write :)

Thank you for your kind words, and best of luck with your waltz!
- James

Last Hope (A Hero Arrives) Last Hope (A Hero Arrives)

J'I like.

Great song, verrrry impressive! What were your inspirations for this song? I feel like I hear elements of Steve Jablonsky in there... :p

Cleverhill responds:

Thanks! Yeah, steve jablonsky, james newton howard, horner, zimmer... I listen to their work all the time :)

B.I.L.I.!!! Remix B.I.L.I.!!! Remix

summary summary smarru

Great work! I love all the awesome synths you used and the reverb-y drums :3

Rinibra responds:

ThAnks!!

You Can't Stop Da Funk You Can't Stop Da Funk

Hey there.

I'd love to show appreciation for the song, but the comments below were too funny and distracting. Curses!

Ballad 5 Ballad 5

Luuurvely.

I'm not so keen on ballads. Nor am I particularly familiar with what a ballad is, but this is a mighty fine soundin' song! Its very well performed and written. I feel like the song never really goes anywhere; staying at a constant(ish) speed and dynamic, but is this how a ballad traditionally sounds?

Anyway, great work, and keep up the creativity! :)

SMB2 - Overworld SMB2 - Overworld

Hnnnggggg the nostalgia

Nice rendition! The memories of Mario pierce into the very core of my being.... Anyway, the song is great, tis very accurately recreated and nothing sounds out of place, too loud, etc. WELL DARRRRRGGGHHHN~ :)

Ironclover responds:

I'm glad you like it :'D Thank you very much

Space Melody Score Space Melody Score

5/5

Great work! I loved how chilled out and melancholy it sounded, and like... SPACEY. I think it would be fit in well with the comet thing. The soft piano and the harp (or whatever they were) worked just great together! NICE ONE.

auroalee1 responds:

Not a harp... it's a synth, like what you would hear in a nintendo video game. Doesn't quite sound like it though, with the rest of the instruments. :)

When I first made this, I thought it sounded pretty space-like too. The piano reverberates to much, I think.

(Omega) Building Down (Omega) Building Down

Why does everyone gangster talk in this space?...

I've been listening to some of you songs, and so far I think this one is one of my favorites. I love the build up, and I guess I would have liked it to have more of a bang moment, but I get it that that wasn't the kind of song you were going for, and I still love it as a bit of a chilled out song.

I love 2:37 and the pause into the filled out bit at 2:57. I *almost* fucking love this song. Like, potentially I think it could be so amazing, like the dissonant notes like at 1:50, it sounds off but it works.

Yeah anyway, I really like it xD
Sorry I'm not too familiar with music making so I can't really suggest what to do so much...

Omega-Ravager responds:

Glad you like it!

Yea, it's trance so its supposed to be. . yknow trancy. I'd like to do a remix and revisit of some of my songs once I get the pro version of FL ( I only have a demo)

Thanks for the review and I'll see about eventually doing a techno remix for ya!

Omega

Supreme Ruler (Tohou) Supreme Ruler (Tohou)

A bajillion stars.

Nice stuff! I haven't heard the original so I don't have anything to compare it to, but its awesome nonetheless. Did you have a specific sound pack for this?

chaoticmarin responds:

Er, well, yeah. A Tohou "soundpack"

Team Rocket Battle T/D Team Rocket Battle T/D

Haha awesome

...Brings back vague memories :')

htmlcoderexe responds: